Welcome to Our District
Newton Public School District is a great place to work where you can grow professionally, collaborate with an outstanding group of teachers and administrators, and help students learn effectively and achieve their full potential.
The community of Newton stands firmly behind our schools and has high expectations for our students. The staff works hard to achieve, succeed and exceed at these goals. In return, the community is very supportive of our school system. It is easy to see why the community stands behind our progressive schools and we invite you to become part of our educational community.
Your financial success begins with Newton Public School District. To learn about our current positions that are open, see below. Thank you for your interest in Newton Schools!
HALSTED MIDDLE SCHOOL
SUMMER TITLE I POSITIONS
- · Summer Title I Enrichment Teachers, $30/hr.-must have NJ Standard or Certificate of
- Eligibility in at least one of the following areas:
· Physical Education
· Language Arts
· Social Studies
· World Language
· Substitute Teachers
- · Summer Title I Director, $30/hr.
· Work with administration to oversee all aspects of the summer program
· Work with administrators and summer educational staff to develop an inquiry based
· NJ Standard Teacher Certification Required
- · Summer Title I Teacher Assistants, $15/hr.
· Must be highly qualified
SUMMER HOURLY POSITIONS
· Guidance Counselor for 5 days
· Nurse for 5 days
· Teacher Coach for 5 days
Forward letter of interest and/or resume by April 23, 2016 to:
Kristi Greene, Principal Halsted Middle School
Teachers, Teacher Assistants,
Custodians and School Bus Drivers
Forward letter of interest and resume to: Janet Mosner, 57 Trinity Street, Newton, NJ 07860 or see our Substitute Information Page with details and requirements to become a substitute in the Newton Schools.