The Position: The Newton Board of Education is seeking qualified candidates for membership to the Board. The Board, within the powers delegated to it by law, is the policy-making legislative branch of the school district.
This term will run until December 31, 2016.
- A citizen of the United States of America
- At least 18 years of age
- Able to read and write
- A resident of the Newton municipality for at least (1) year preceding the date of appointment
- Not directly/indirectly interested in a contract with, or a claim against, the Board
- Registered to vote in the District
- Not disqualified as a voter pursuant to NJSA 19:4-1
To Apply: Any qualified Newton resident interested in serving the children of our school district should submit a letter of interest to:
Newton Board of Education
Business Administrator/Board Secretary
57 Trinity Street
Newton, NJ 07860
Letters of application will be accepted through April 15th until 4:00 p.m.
The Board of Education will review all qualifying applicants.