TSA (Technology Student Association)
Advisor: Jesse Clark
The Technology Student Association (TSA) is a nationally recognized vocational student organization. TSA is the only student organization devoted exclusively to the needs of technology students who are enrolled in, or have completed technology courses. TSA is composed of over 100,000 elementary, middle, and high school students in 2,000 schools/chapters spanning 45 states. Educators, parents and business leaders who believe in the need for a technologically literate society are working to achieve that common goal support TSA. The mission of Newton High School chapter of TSA is to prepare its members for the challenges of a dynamic world by promoting technological literacy, leadership and problem solving resulting in personal growth and opportunity that benefits both its members and the community at large.
Criteria for membership in TSA are as follows:
- currently enrolled in a technology course
- successfully completed a technology course of study
- attend five meetings throughout the year
- participate in one community service project
- participate in a fund raising project
- compete in a local/state competitive event.
At the end of the year, the TSA competes in the state competition and receives numerous awards of excellence.