Get social with Newton Public Schools. Find the links to our social networks below!
How can you encourage your students in your community? It’s so easy!
- Hitting the “thumbs up” or like button on Facebook
- Making a positive comment on a post you see
- Hitting the heart on Twitter or Instagram
- Sharing a Facebook post on your own newsfeed
- Using the school hashtag when sharing a school-related post
Snapchat is a messaging service that allows people to send photos and short videos to each other, called Snaps. Distinguishing feature: the photos you send disappear. Seconds after opening snaps, users can no longer access them and the images are deleted from the company’s servers.
1/4 of all teens in U.S. use Vine.
Vine is owned by Twitter and is a video sharing app.
Users can record and share videos up to 6 seconds long.
Videos automatically loop when you view them.
Other users can “Like” videos, “Comment” or “Revine”, which means they add them to their own timeline for their followers to see (similar to Twitter Retweets).
Videos can also be shared on Facebook or Twitter.