Link to Board Meeting Nov 24: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89571832956
Or join by phone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 929 436 2866 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 6833 Webinar ID: 895 7183 2956
- A participant must be recognized by the presiding officer and must preface comments by an announcement of his/her name, municipality of residence, and group affiliation, if applicable;
- Each statement made by a participant shall be limited to three (3) minutes in duration as timed by the Board Secretary. Each public comment session of the meeting shall be limited to thirty (30) minutes;
- No participant may speak more than once during each public comment session;
- All statements, questions, or inquiries shall be directed to the presiding officer and any questions or inquiries directed by a participant to another Board member shall be redirected to the presiding officer who shall determine if and how such statement, question, or inquiry shall be addressed. No participant may address Board members or the Administration individually. There is no requirement for dialogue with the public during either public comment session;
- The presiding officer shall listen to the comments, as long as they are relevant to Board policy. Members of the public shall maintain a respectful decorum toward all present at all times.
- As per Board Policy 9130 (Public Complaints and Grievances), any misunderstandings or disputes between the public and school district staff should, whenever possible, be settled by direct, informal discussions among the interested parties. It is only when such informal meetings fail to resolve differences that more formal procedures should be employed at the school level. Only those matters that cannot be resolved at the school level should be brought to the attention of the Superintendent who will investigates the concern, or assign a staff member to do so. The presiding officer will cease all public comments that do not adhere to this policy, and refer persons making such comments to the Superintendent.
- As per Board Policy 0142 (Board Member Qualifications, Prohibited Acts, and Code of Ethics), the Board members will refer all complaints to the Superintendent and act on complaints at public meetings only after failure of an administrative solution.