For All Substitutes
For current subs, login to Smartfind here: https://newtonnj.sfe.powerschool.com/logOnInitAction.do
As of July 1, 2022, Newton Public Schools will no longer be using Kelly Services to hire its substitutes. The district will be hiring its substitutes directly. Anyone interested in becoming a Substitute Teacher, Substitute Teacher Assistant, Substitute Nurse, Substitute Custodian/Maintenance Staff, Substitute Bus Driver or Substitute Administrative Assistant in the 2022-23 school year for Newton Public Schools will need to do the following:
1. Apply online using the following link: https://newtonnj.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
2. Follow the attached Criminal History Instructions Form for completing your criminal history. If you have previously been fingerprinted for a NJ Public School, you may follow the ARCHIVE PROCESS. If you have never been fingerprinted for a NJ Public School, you will need to make an appointment as a New Applicant. (Our District Service Code is 2F1FB1). Your criminal history needs to be cleared before you can begin working. Also, please send a copy of your receipt and corresponding paperwork to email@example.com once you have your fingerprinting done. We will then be able to check online to see when it clears.
3. Upon submission of your completed paperwork, we will also need a copy of two forms of government issued ID (driver's license, social security card, passport, etc.) These items can be scanned and sent to Colleen Waselik @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Pursuant to Governor Murphy's Executive Order 253, our district is required to determine the Covid-19 vaccination status of each staff member and volunteer. If you have been vaccinated for Covid-19, please send me a copy of your vaccination card as soon as possible. If you do not plan to be vaccinated for Covid-19, please let Colleen know as you will be required to submit to weekly testing. In that case, once you begin working, you will need to submit testing results per district protocols in order to comply with the Executive Order.
5. Please complete and submit the attached onboarding documents. These documents can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com.
Important Information for Substitute Bus Drivers
In addition to a criminal history background check, new Substitute Bus Drivers must possess the following:
- A valid Class B CDL license with P (passenger) and S (school bus) endorsements
- A current physical examination report performed by a physician listed on the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners.
- Excellent driving record
- Air Brake Endorsement Preferred but not Required
For more information and for assistance in becoming a Substitute Bus Driver, please contact Colleen Waselik at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 973-383-7392 ext. 4228.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.