FERPA provides that educational agencies and institutions that receive U.S. Department of Education funds may not have a policy or practice of denying parents and eligible students of the right to:
- Inspect and review education records within 45 days of a request
- Seek to amend education records believed to be inaccurate; and
- Consent to the disclosure of personally identifiable information from education records, except as specified by law.
- Parents have the right to know, websites used by Newton Public Schools that may collect personally identifiable information as defined below:
- Personally identifiable information (PII) includes information that can be used to distinguish or trace an individual’s identity either directly or indirectly through linkages with other information.
Additional information on PII is available in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act Regulations, 34 CFR §99.3, and in the PTAC publication Checklist: Data Governance
Below is the list of websites Newton Students may be using:
EasyBib tools (extension that checks website credibility)
|Goobric/Doctopus (works with Google Sheets)|
|Google Classroom (home base)|
|Google Forms and Flubaroo (form grading)|
Kaizena (voice comments)
|No Red Ink|
parcconline.org (PARCC practice tests)
readworks.org (great for paired texts)
Snap and Read
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.